|2022 TRIPLES LEAGUE - FINAL RESULTS||WEEK ENDING||FRIDAY 16/09|
|Read table horizintally - for scores, shot diff, points|
|Yellow highlight = winning score|
The Mixed Triples League is open to all gentlemen and lady members It starts towards the end of July and continues until late September.
To participate in the Triples League please register on 'Bowlr' by Wednesday 20 July 2022.
The members of each team will be a balance between more experienced and newer players.
Teams of 6 or 7 players will be drawn by the league organisers, and a player from each team is asked to arrange their team's programme of matches.
Matches are played each Friday morning from late July, starting at 10.30 a.m. Dress code - Greys
Download the Teams & Schedule here: TEAMS & SCHEDULE
|2022 TRIPLES LEAGUE|
|TEAM A||TEAM B||TEAM C||TEAM D||TEAM E||TEAM F||TEAM G||TEAM H|
|Linda Ball||Tony Gallagher||Les Ballard||Stuart Littlemore||Jim Hallums||Linda Gallagher||Sue Souppouris||Lynn Donovan|
|Bob Jenkin||Anne Jameson||John Thurley||Sylvia Parkinson||Martin Newman||Lesley Down||Jane Harding||Mary Roe|
|Derek Jameson||Monica Miller||Carolyn Reynolds||Jane Gibbs||Maureen Dixon||Alan Palmer||Kevin Donovan||Wyn Currion|
|Andrew Stanley||Eugene Regan||Derek Lea||Marian Thurley||Jane Courtney||Jill Jenkin||Tony Tucker||Jennifer Johnson|
|Jeff Hunt||Martin O'Toole||Chris Harland||Harue Saito||Elizabeth Bennett||Reg Lees||Ann Traynor||Terence Ribbens|
|Can all players please contact their captains immediately with any Friday mornings they are unavailable|
|and pay their £3 entry fee|
|All games are 18 ends with 2 trial ends starting at 10.30am|
|Fri 29 July||D V E||C V F||B V G||A V H|
|Fri 5 Aug||A V B||D V F||C V G||E V H|
|Fri 12 Aug||A V C||E V F||D V G||B V H|
|Fri 19 Aug||B V C||A V D||E V G||F V H|
|Fri 26 Aug||B V D||A V E||F V G||C V H|
|Fri 2 Sept||C V D||B V E||A V F||G V H|
|Fri 9 Sept||C V E||B V F||A V G||D V H|
FRIDAY TRIPLES LEAGUE (2022) - RULES
1. The League is planned to start on Friday 29th July and run for 8 weeks with each match starting at 10.30 a.m. each Friday morning.
2. There will be 8 Teams in the League, each having its own Team Captain. Each Team will play each week. Dress code is white above the waist and grey below the waist.
3. The Team Captains will select their Team for each week, making sure that everyone in the Team gets a fair share of matches.
4. If a player cannot make the match they have been selected for, they are to inform their Team Captain as soon as possible. It is the Team
Captain’s responsibility to find a replacement from their Team members.
5. Substitutes are allowed on an ad-hoc basis, but only when a team is unable to field 3 team members. Richard Carr must be informed and will
monitor to ensure that the system is not abused.
6. Scoring is 2 points for a win, 1 point each for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
7. The competition entry fee is £3 per person, payable to the Team Captain prior to the start of the first match. The team captain is to pass the
money to Richard Carr. The fee is to fund the prizes awarded to the top 3 Teams in the League.
8. Each match will consist of 18 ends.
9. Matches start with 2 trial ends, 2 bowls each.
10. There will be NO ‘one on the first two ends’.
11. A dead end is not counted and has to be replayed. Tied ends, score one point each.
12. A Team fielding only 2 players should deduct one third of their score at the end of the match. The side fielding only 2 players will have 4 bowls
each, the side fielding 3 players will have the Skip playing 2 bowls only, the Lead and Two will have 3 bowls each.
13. In the event of both sides only fielding 2 players each, the match will be played as a Pairs to 21 ends.
14. If a Team on the match day cannot provide a side, their opponents will be awarded the points, but no additional shots. If neither Team can raise
a Team no points will be awarded.
15. Any match cancelled for whatever reason will not be replayed.
16. If bad weather seriously interferes with play, scores will count provided a minimum of 12 ends has been played. If a minimum of 12 ends has
not been played then each Team will be awarded 1 point and the shots they had scored at that point.
17. All Match Cards to be handed to Richard Carr, or if he is not there, they are to be put in 'Other Matches' box in the clubhouse. Richard will
collect the cards and keep the League Table up to date. He will also keep an eye out to make sure everyone is getting a fair share of matches.
18. Any dispute will be resolved by the Organisers, Richard Carr and Howard Marsh. Their decision shall be final.
Download the Triples League rules here: TRIPLES LEAGUE RULES
SPONSORED BY MARSTON'S
Purley Bowls Club
The Ridge, Purley, Surrey CR8 3PF UK
Tel: (020) 8660 0608
Make a free website with Yola