The Triples League is open to all gentlemen and lady members, and will operate each Friday commencing Friday 28th July 2023 running through to 8th September 2023.
The Triples League will be played on Friday mornings at 10:30am; dress code - Greys. Ballots will continue to operate as normal in the afternoon.
The Triples League is formed of teams of 6/7 players including a team captain. The members of the team will be a balance between more experienced and newer players. The team captains select 3 members to represent the team each week; so, on average you will be playing once every 2 weeks. There is a one-off entry fee of £3 to play in the League and, at the end of the season, prizes will be awarded to the winning team members.
If you wish to participate in the Triples League, please log into bowlr and select [Yes] against the TRIPLES LEAGUE entry (28 July) in [My Account] [Club Matches]. Please note that, as this is a recent addition in bowlr, it may not show in chronological order in your list of Club Matches – check the bottom of the list.
Alternatively, please contact Sue Souppouris.
Please also note that you do not need to be available on the League start date (28th July) and there is no problem with going on holiday during the period - your team captain will request your availability and allocate the teams accordingly.
Please enter by Wednesday 19th July 2023.
Please contact either of us if you have any queries on the Triples League.
Tony Andrews Sue Souppouris Men’s Captain Ladies’ Captain
OUTDOOR TRIPLES LEAGUE RULES (2023)
1. The League runs on Friday mornings commencing Friday 28th Julyand will run for 7 weeks; matches commence at 30 a.m.
2. There are 8 Teams in the League, comprising 6/7 players, with each team having its own Team Captain. Each Team will play each week. Dress code is club shirt/white above the waist and grey below the waist.
3. The Team Captains will select their Team for each week, making sure that each team member gets a fair share of matches.
4. If a player is unable to play for a match for which he/she has been selected, the Team Captain should be informed as soon as possible. It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to find a replacement from their Team members.
5. Substitutes are allowed on an ad-hoc basis, but only when a team is unable to field 3 Team members.
6. Scoring is 2 points for a win, 1 point each for a draw and 0 points for a loss.
7. The competition entry fee is £3 per person, payable to the Team Captain prior to the start of the player’s first match. The fee is to fund the prizes awarded to the top 3 Teams in the League.
8. Each match will consist of 18 ends.
9. Matches start with 2 trial ends, 2 bowls each. Toss for the mat.
10. A dead end is not counted and must be replayed.
11. A Team fielding only 2 players should deduct one third of their score at the end of the match. The side fielding only 2 players will have 4 bowls each, the side fielding 3 players will have the Skip playing 2 bowls only, the Lead and Two will have 3 bowls each.
12. In the event of both sides only fielding 2 players each, the match will be played as a Pairs to 21 ends.
13. If a Team is unable to field a team on the match day then their opponents will be awarded the points, but no additional shots. If neither Team can raise a Team no points will be awarded.
14. Any match cancelled for whatever reason will not be replayed.
15. If bad weather seriously interferes with play, scores will count provided a minimum of 12 ends have been played. If a minimum of 12 ends has not been played, then each Team will be awarded 1 point and the shots they had scored at that point.
16. All Match Cards must be placed in the 'Other Matches' box in the Clubhouse. The League Table will be kept up to date on the website. The number of matches per player will be monitored to ensure that everyone is getting a fair share of matches.
17. The Club Captains will resolve any dispute. Their decision shall be final.