PURLEY SC CLUB CONSTITUTION & BYE-LAWS BOWLS SECTION
Purley Bowls Club is a section of Purley Sports Club and operates under the Sports Club's bye-laws. Requests to modify the bye-laws have to be submitted, by the Bowls Club Committee, to the Purley Sports Club Management Committee for consideration and approval. The full Purley Sports Club Constitution and Byelaws are availablehere.
Purley Bowls Club is governed by the Sports Club Byelaws (see below). It does not have a separate constitution.
1. The name of the section for playing purposes shall be: "PURLEY BOWLS CLUB".
2. The club shall be affiliated to Bowls England, the Surrey County Bowling Association and the Surrey County Women's Bowling Association.
3. The club shall observe the Rules and regulations of Bowls England.
4. The club shall conform to the procedures as set out in Bowls England Regulations 9 (Discipline)
5. The club shall adopt the requirements of the Bowls England “Safeguarding Policy”.
6. The officers of the section shall be the captains, vice-captains, match secretaries of the men’s and ladies' sections, the section secretary the treasurer and green ranger.
7. The section committee shall consist of the officers and not more than three members including the management committee representative and a men's section and ladies' section representative appointed to act with them by the Annual General Meeting of the section. The quorum of a section committee meeting shall be five members personally present.
8. The teams to play matches shall be chosen by the captain or vice-captain or, in their absence, by a member of the section committee.
9. A green ranger being the member appointed by the committee, shall decide after consultation with the groundsman as to the fitness of the green for play and in his absence, the groundsman's decision shall be final. The green will not be available if a notice “no play” is displayed and such notice may only be removed by a green ranger or the groundsman.
10. Players shall be required to abide by the club dress code as decided by the committee from time to time. However, no player shall be allowed on to the green except when wearing heelless shoes in colours directed within the “Laws of the Sport of Bowls.
As adopted at the Annual General Meeting of the Club held on 5th December 2022