PURLEY BOWLS CLUB - CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All volunteers must:
1. Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
2. Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
3. Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
4. Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
5. Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
6. Follow all guidelines laid down by the National Governing Body and the Club.
7. Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
8. Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
9. Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
10. Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
11. Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
SPONSORED BY YOUNG'S
Purley Bowls Club
The Ridge, Purley, Surrey CR8 3PF UK
Tel: (020) 8660 0608
Make a free website with Yola